Join us at Everett’s at the Mat-Su Resort on Wasilla Lake on February 22, 2020 for the 2020 Mat-Su Plunge! Download this information here.
Plunge Day Schedule
On-site Registration Opens: 10:00 am
For best parking, show up early and follow the instructions of our parking attendants volunteers – the Midnight Son Riders Christian Motorcycle Association.
FREE Hot Dogs and Hot Drinks – 10:00 am
Plungers can enjoy FREE Hot Dogs courtesy of Everett’s, and FREE Hot Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate sponsored by Primrose Retirement Communities.
Spectator’s Breakfast Buffet
While you’re waiting for the first Plunge, take advantage of Everett’s breakfast buffet available for just $15. Ask about the special Mat-Su Plunge signature cocktail created by top Mixologist Molly just for the 2020 Plunge!
Call to the Ice Hole – 11:45 am
You’ll know it’s time to head out on the lake by the rousing sound of Dr. Meggie Aube’s Percussion in the Valley Drummers!
National Anthem – 12:00 pm
Our national anthem will also be sung and signed by the Colony High School Americna Sign Languge Honor Society.
Take the Plunge – 12:05 pm
Individual and Team Plungers hit the water starting at noon. Hats off to the Mat-Su Borough Water Rescue Team, who will be in the water until the last Plunger scrambles out.
- Jump in the Hot Tub – sponsored by Arctice Home Living – a life saver for a cold Plunger!
- Plunger Dry-off Towels courtesy of The Alaska Club – be sure to turn in your cold, wet towel when you’re done with it.
- The world will be watching your Plunge LIVE on our website and Facebook page, courtesy of Elise Buchholz Jack White Real Estate and Powder Ridge Productions.
Awards Ceremony – approx. 1:00 p.m.
We’ll be starting off our Awards Ceremony in the warmth inside Everett’s with a 50/50 Raffle! Bring your small bills to pruchase 50/50 Raffle tickets, and ‘I Love You Sign Language’ Lollipops, on sale to support the Colony High School’s American Sign Language Honor Roll. Don’t miss your chance to win:
- Dinner for 2 and a nights stay at the Mat-Su Resort
- Dinner for 2 and a nights stay at the Grandview Inn & Suites
- 2 – $50 Gift Certificates from The Beaded Moose
- $100 Gift Card from Walmart
- $25 Gift Certificate from Inkspot
- 1-hour Massage from the Back & Neck Center
- Scentsy® and Tastefully Simple® gift baskets from Jean Stanefski
- A gorgeous Brass Lantern from Long Hair Lantern
- Season Pass to the Alaska State Fair
- Wine basket from Elise Buchholz Jack White Real Estate
Golden Plunger Awards
All Plungers eligible for a Golden Plunger Award in the following categories:
- Most money raised – Individual
- Most Money raised – Team
- Best Costume – Individual
- Best Costume – Team
- Scaredy Cat Award
- Who Came the Farthest?
Relax and enjoy shared stories with the other Plungers in the warmth of Everett’s while the adrenaline wanes and feeling returns to your toes.
Thank you for supporting the Mat-Su Sertoma Club’s Mat-Su Plunge 2020! See you next year!!