Notice to all Plunge Participants and Spectators
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads mainly from person-to-person through talking, singing, coughing, sneezing, etc. Large events where people are in close proximity to each other pose a greater risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Follow all COVID-19 mitigation policies required by the event host, the Elks Club of Palmer, as posted or as advised by a member of the Elks Club management or staff, while inside of the lodge building, or while outdoors on Elks Club property
- Wear a face covering when in a public setting and in close contact with non-household members
- For safety, Plungers should remove any face covering prior to plunging, and should don a face covering immediately after plunging
- Stay 6 feet or more away from non-household members; 10 feet is recommend when voices are raised
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, decreased appetite, diminished sense of taste or smell, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle/joint aches, nausea, rash, runny nose, sore throat, or sputum production
- If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 while at the event, please go home immediately
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
- People in higher-risk groups should consult with their healthcare provider about attending large events
You can review the Covid-19 Mitigation Plan for this event here.
Thank you for participating in the Mat-Su Sertoma Club Mat-Su Plunge!